Organic Transition Training Workshop
You are invited to a FREE training to learn more about the process of transitioning to organic production.
Learn from certification experts and industry partners.
Visit with experienced organic growers from the region.
O So Good Restaurant, 529 North Main Avenue
Thursday, July 30 - Lennox, SD. 10 am– 3 pm. Lunch provided.
Archery Shak (O So Good Catering), 217 S Main St.
Tuesday, August 4 - Watertown, SD. 10 am– 3 pm. Lunch provided.
Ramkota Inn, 1901 9th Ave SW
Agenda to cover the following topics:
- State of organic: Markets, Demand, Trends
- Organic: An investment that can pay dividends over time.
- Certification basics and record keeping 101 w/ examples & materials for home study.
- What is an Organic System Plan and how does it work?
- Laying the foundation for organic fertility. What kinds of inputs can I use?
- Overview of ‘Transitional Toolkit’ service options available.
- Panel discussion with certified organic growers who also manage conventional acres.
- Insurance & Lending. Q&A with regional providers experienced with organic.
- Seed and Agronomy Considerations for Organic Systems with Dakotas Best Seed.
Contact Mae Petrehn with questions; email@example.com or cell (605) 682-0006
Please RSVP. Space is limited to 25 total attendees at each location, so register now!