Fall Organic Summit
Our fall summit is tentatively set for Friday and Saturday, November 20 and 21, 2020. We are still setting agenda, vendors, and working with presenters that will be in person and some virtually. Organic meal planned for Friday night. Limited tickets, so early RSVP is recommended.
Call Mae at (605) 682-0006 to get on our ticket availability notification list.
Organic Transition Training Workshop
You are invited to a FREE training to learn more about the process of transitioning to organic production.
Learn from certification experts and industry partners.
Visit with experienced organic growers from the region.
Thursday, July 30 - Lennox, SD. 10 am– 3 pm. Lunch provided.
Archery Shak (O So Good Catering), 217 S Main St.
Agenda to cover the following topics:
- State of organic: Markets, Demand, Trends
- Organic: An investment that can pay dividends over time.
- Certification basics and record keeping 101 w/ examples & materials for home study.
- What is an Organic System Plan and how does it work?
- Laying the foundation for organic fertility. What kinds of inputs can I use?
- Overview of ‘Transitional Toolkit’ service options available.
- Panel discussion with certified organic growers who also manage conventional acres.
- Insurance & Lending. Q&A with regional providers experienced with organic.
- Seed and Agronomy Considerations for Organic Systems with Dakotas Best Seed.
Contact Mae Petrehn with questions; firstname.lastname@example.org or cell (605) 682-0006
Please RSVP. Space is limited to 25 total attendees at each location, so register now!